Warning: "continue 2" targeting switch is equivalent to "break 2". Did you mean to use "continue 3"? in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/operations.class.php on line 2858
Warning: "continue 2" targeting switch is equivalent to "break 2". Did you mean to use "continue 3"? in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/operations.class.php on line 2862 Awakening Your Dreams: 5 Ways to D.R.E.A.M. - Dream Catalyst - Mary R. Miller | Not Letting Dreams Be Just Dreams
When I Google the word “dream” this is what I get.
Dreams are successions of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep.
Aren’t dreams much more then this though? Aren’t dreams about purpose? About vision? About the possibilities for how and where we can use our gifts?
Dreams are many things but they are not one size fits all.
Your dreams and the way you chose to implement those dreams is unique to you. Not everyone will “get you” so treasure the few who do. There are many different possibilities in life and many preconceived notions for what a dream is. Even with My Dream Catalyst people assume that the dream is quitting your job and starting your own business. While that may be one person’s dream it may or may not be yours. Your dream may simply be to be happier where you are; or improving your energy level or integrating a full time job with a hobby or side business; or working 2 to 3 part-time jobs.
People struggle to wrap their brains around having the freedom to chose their dream in a world where everyone else is telling you what happiness and success should look like to you.
A dream is about building a life and choosing a career that honors who you are. Dreams come from the awakening of who you are and how you’re wired.
You identity is the energy source for all your dreams. As your dream catalyst, I will never define your dreams for you. I will help guide you to D.R.E.A.M. for yourself starting with the 5 ways listed below:
1. Discover: the life you were born to live by digging into who you were meant to be. You are unique with natural gifts, talents and abilities yet years of false messages are layered on top of your identity. Starting digging today to find the truth – it’s worth it. For a tool to help uncover the life your meant to live click here and click here for related blog posts
2. Real:once you are in the process of uncovering your true self you reach a point where you’re BS meter is on high. You’ll find it necessary to have authentic conversations to continue your journey. This is part of the awakening process. Find others who share your need for authenticity.
3. Enjoyment: one of the best things about being real is that you find what you really enjoy in life. Start doing little things each day that you enjoy – buy that song on iTunes, go for a walk, get the new journal, have that friend over for dinner even if your house is a mess; live and love in the moment. Be intentional with your time and money. As a friend reminded me this week every time you say yes to something you are saying no to something else.
4. Accepting: as you continue to discover your true self (which is a life long process as you grow and change) you will learn to accept yourself for where you are where you are. Embrace your imperfection in yourself and in others. Acceptance of self is the gateway for dream generation – it allows you to think with so barriers. Here is a link to the best book I’ve ever read (next to the Bible) on the subject by Brene Brown “The Gifts of Imperfection“.
5. Myself:this part is counter intuitive. It’s only when you are awakened to who you are; when you can’t help but be real; when you start accepting yourself that you can begin to rebuild the relationship with yourself. This is when you can claim your dreams without retreating due to self-doubt.